Add a flavorful kick to your dinner with our Chicken Curry. This dish is a common delicacy in the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, as well as in the Caribbean. The aromatic spices perfectly complement the creamy richness of the coconut milk and heavy cream.
- 6 chicken thighs, cut up into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red or yellow curry paste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 drops liquid Stevia
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- juice from 1 lime
- Mix together the first 10 ingredients (chicken through olive oil) in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, pour the marinated chicken into the pot and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Add the coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for another 30-40 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and water, and stir it into the curry until it thickens. Turn off the heat, add the lime juice and check the seasoning. A pinch more salt, curry powder and/or paste can go a long way in bringing out more flavor if needed.
YIELD: 8 Servings
PER SERVING: CALORIES 408 | FAT 32G | CARBOHYDRATES 7G | FIBER 1.2G | NET CARBOHYDRATES 5.8G | PROTEIN 23G