Hanger steak, sometimes referred to as butcher’s steak (because in the past, butchers would often keep it for themselves), is arguably the most tender cut of the animal. This steak pairs well with our chimichurri recipe.
- 2 pounds hanger steak, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Simply marinate the steak in the remaining ingredients (except for the melted butter) for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill at medium for 5-10 minutes on each side until desired doneness is reached. Drizzle melted butter over steak before serving.
YIELD: 8 Servings
PER 4OZ SERVING: CALORIES 338 | FAT 26G | CARBOHYDRATES 1G | FIBER 0G | NET CARBOHYDRATES 1G | PROTEIN 25G