Recipe by Brandon McDearis
This keto-friendly meatloaf recipe is similar to traditional meatloaf recipes. The main difference is that we use pork rinds and almond flour instead of breadcrumbs. Feel free to experiment with additional fillers or seasonings.
- 2 pounds ground beef (80% lean/20% fat)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pork rinds
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup reduced-sugar ketchup, divided
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put all ingredients, except half of the reduced-sugar ketchup in a bowl and mix together thoroughly using a fork or by hand.
- Spread half of the mixture onto the bottom of an 8x4x2.5 loaf pan. Sprinkle one cup of shredded cheese over the mixture and top with remaining half of ground beef.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove and slather on the rest of the ketchup. Put back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
YIELD: 8 Servings
PER SERVING: CALORIES 610 | FAT 44G | CARBOHYDRATES 6G | FIBER 2G | NET CARBOHYDRATES 4G | PROTEIN 42G