Mocha Cookies & Cream Keto Smoothie
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
What’s better than cookies and coffee in the morning? A delicious cookies and cream frappe, that’s what. We combined creamy coconut milk, crunchy cashews, and energy-boosting coffee to provide natural, sustainable energy first thing in the morning, as an afternoon snack, or for dessert. Unlike fruit smoothies, which are loaded with sugar, this keto-friendly smoothie boasts only 5 grams of carbs. This frappe is also full of healthy fats from almonds, coconuts, and cashews.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 scoops Whey Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1-2 cups strong, cooled black coffee
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1-2 cups ice
- Extra water if needed to thin out during blending
- Combine all ingredients except the ice in a blender.
- Add one cup of ice and blend until smooth.
- Add more ice if needed for texture and/or temperature consistency.
YIELD: 4 servings
PER 8OZ SERVING: CALORIES 440 | FAT 37G | CARBOHYDRATES 7G | FIBER 1.7G | NET CARBOHYDRATES 5.3G | PROTEIN 19G